Rural Enterprise Development Services (REDS) commissioned Beitak to produce a 12 Minute Documentary Interim Project Report: looking at the technology, successes, challenges at the 2 year interim stage of the CARP program in Uganda.
The Goal of CARP is to support enhancement of Climate Change Adoption priorities such as climate smart conservation agriculture and other sustainable natural resource management systems in Uganda.
CARP aims to cause 35,000 small and medium scale farmers in Uganda to adopt more climate resilient, environmentally sustainable and productive farming practices, focusing around the following interventions
- Development and support of an effective farmer demonstration and training system
- Support to private sector agro-dealers
- Support to public sector technical training for Ministry of Agriculture extension staff
- CA awareness creation through radio broadcasts and the CA National Task Force
- Creation of CA technical reference manuals for farmers