A selection of artistic projects from the past two years. Many thanks and much love goes out to the incredible artists that helped these works come to life:
1. "Leaving These Shores," (photographic collaboration), Co-creator/Performer, October 2012. Photographs by Endless Inside (Eden Nova). endlessinside.com
2. "Space Dance in the Tube," Butoh & Robotics Performer/NYC Tech Director. Created by Tetsuro Fukuhara of Tokyo Space Dance, presented at the New Museum's IDEAS CITY Festival, May 2013. Videos and photographs by Tetsuro Fukuhara and John J.A. Jannone (The Night Bears). ne.jp/asahi/tokyo/sd/index_e.html
3. "My Heart is a Traveler," Co-creator/Performer. Created by Robot Immigrants (Daniel Munkus, Tinuade Oyelowo, and Sophia Remolde), with performances by Eva von Schweinitz and Jeremy Toussaint-Baptiste. Presented at 7 Dunham Gallery, May 2013. Videos and photographs by Keith Jenson (Brainwomb), John J.A. Jannone (The Night Bears), Eden Nova (Endless Inside), and Eva von Schweinitz. robotimmigrants.com
4. "Clytemnestra 3.0," Co-creator/Performer. Re-creation of "Agamemnon 2.0" by Charles Mee. Created by The Night Bears (John J.A. Jannone, Daniel Munkus, and Sophia Remolde) with live music by the ISE Ensemble. Presented as part of Medea Electronique's Koumaria New Media Residency, Onassis Cultural Center, Athens, Greece, October 2012. Video by Kleopatra Korai (Lokey). nightbears.org
5. "Dream Robot" (short film), Co-creator/Performer. Created by Night Bears, John J.A. Jannone and Sophia Remolde, with additional performance by Cairo Jannone. Original score by Ellery Royston. Presented at PUNCH Film Series, 92YTribeca, October 2012.
6. "Meat&Light," Co-creator/Performer. Created by The Night Bears (John J.A. Jannone, Daniel Munkus, and Sophia Remolde), presented as part of Horse Trade Theater’s Residency program at The Red Room, September 2012. Videos and photographs by The Night Bears and Raul Zbengheci.
7. "Flying Robots: Sameer Parekh at TEDxSiliconAlley," Robotics Movement Performer. Created by Falkor Systems, presented at Terminal 5, March 2013. Photographs by Andrew Adler and Jakop Nazaretyan. Video by TEDxSiliconAlley. iheartengineering.com/
8. "The Dali Project," Co-creator. Created by Puppet Junction (Serra Hirsch and Sophia Remolde) with performances by Sime Viduka (Dali), Dominique Baron-Bonarjee (Gala), Serra Hirsch (Clock), Sophia Remolde (Blue Lady), David Shih (Papa), Ora Fruchter (Swan), Mary Notari and Jon Riddleberger (Projections). Presented at Dixon Place, 2009, Theater for the New City, 2010, St. Ann's Warehouse Puppet Lab, 2010, and Detroit Institute of Arts, 2012. Videos and photographs by Richard Termine and Andre Morton. puppetjunction.com
9. "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle," Performer/Puppeteer. Directed by Stephen Earnhart, Puppet direction by Tom Lee, Butoh choreography by Kota Yamazaki. Edinburgh International Festival, 2011, Singapore Arts Festival, 2012. windupbc.com
10. "Epona's Labyrinth," Performer. Created by The South Wing, directed by Kameron Steele. HERE Arts Center, April 2011. Photographs by Hunter Canning. thesouthwing.org
11. "God / 神様," Rakugo Performer. Directed by Sankyo Yanagiya and Kazumi Hatasa. Middlebury Language School, July 2013. Video by Thomas Newton.
12. "Bicornuate," (short film), Co-creator/Performer. Created by The Night Bears (John J.A. Jannone, Daniel Munkus, and Sophia Remolde), December 2011.