Reframe It’s Version 2.0 was officially launched Wednesday night Nov 18th at SF NewTech. Information on the launch also appeared in ReadWriteWeb.com the same day.
Reframe It is leading the charge in the online annotation space and have just released a brand new version, Reframe It 2.0, that's pretty amazing.
What sets Reframe It apart from others in the online annotation space (i.e., Google's SideWiki, others) is how marginalia is in the company's DNA and how it will monetize commenting in the margins of the web. The company will also soon announce some enterprise partnerships, including but not limited to the UK’s leading personal finance and investment web site.
This latest release is a testament to Reframe It's mission to evolve the art of marginalia online -- and how it's building a business model around it.
The major points of this release revolve around giving publishers control over this unique commenting/sharing system as it relates directly to their content ownership.
As well as making the product more robust and easier to use.
Reframe It 2.0 Features include:
1) Available on all platforms; The browser extension now available on IE, Safari, Firefox - now with self-sustaining updates
2) Margin can be created via a Bookmarklet for the User and/or via JIM (Java Injectable Margin, see below) for the publisher
3) Now providing real-time in-margin updates of comments, thusly creating a real-time collaboration tool
4) Revenue Share with Publishers who integrate JIM -- publishers now have complete control over the content, unlike other services (i.e. SideWiki)
5) Ability for organizations to license content (comments on content)
6) Custom RSS distributed from select set of comments based on keywords
7) Redesigned and reformatted UI - simplicity is key, and easier sharing to social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)