The Benbow on Ambrym island, Vanuatu, is one of the rare volcano of the world to possess a lava lake.
In july 2013, a team of passionate people takes up a crazy challenge : be the first ones to reach the third terrace, at the very bottom of the volcano, and approach at the nearest the lava lake, till touching the heart of the earth....
All scientific datas about this expedition, routes, photos, videos, credits and special thanks are available for free on benbow2013.info.
== Episode 5 : Pele's Hair and Fairy Chimney ==
Welcome to another planet ! A caldera is a large depression caused by volcanic activity. However, in this desert of ashes, life still finds its way and a few spots of vegetation survives between rocks, ashes, Pele's hairs and Fairy Chimney.
- episode 1 : vimeo.com/78147349
- episode 2 : vimeo.com/78149164
- episode 3 : vimeo.com/78159281
- episode 4 : vimeo.com/78165725
- episode 6 : vimeo.com/78180243
== Info ==
- Canon 5D Mark II / Go Pro Hero 3
- Adobe After Effects / Premiere Pro
- Music : Sigur Rós / Dauðalogn