This was the first of a number of major flagship events planned to explore the themes highlighted for the first ever GPEDC High Level Meeting in Mexico City in April 2014.
Nigeria's Finance Minister Dr. Okonjo-Iweala hosted on behalf of the other GPEDC co-chairs and Mexico, and Zeinab Badawi, BBC moderated the event. Key panelists included:
- H.E. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia
- Mr. Thabo Mbeki, Chairman, High-Level Panel on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa, and Former President of South Africa
- Ms Justine Greening, Secretary of State for International Development, UK
- Mr. Heikki Holmas, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Mr. Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD
- Ms. Nemat Shafik, Deputy Managing Director, IMF
- Dr. Juan Ricardo Ortega, Director-General, Colombian Tax Administration (DIAN)
The event took place on Tuesday 24th September 2013, from 4-6pm, in the Consulate General of Nigeria, 21st Floor, 828 Second Avenue.