This is from the October 29, 2013 Q&A Webinar for Make The Cut!
Please NOTE: MTC Version 4.6.1 is used for the demos given in this Webinar.
You can find the thread from the forum with the questions for this webinar here:
00:00:00 Welcome by Andy. Screen switched to Julie who showed the card and card design that she was going to demo during webinar.
00:01:50 Julie used the card text to answer a user question about the cause of her text tearing during cutting. Welding text was also covered.
00:13:15 Julie did an excellent demo of creating a Joy Fold card from design stage to completion. Items covered were:
1. How to draw the card
2. How to create the different card parts
3. How to add texture to card and how to change texture color.
4. How to add a lace edge border
5. How to create a doily from the lace edge border
6. How to create a scalloped circle
7. How to make a 6x6 envelope for card. An attendee suggested the web site ideogram.nl/boxmaker/. This site allows you to enter the dimension of envelopes or boxes you want and produces a template you can bring into MTC and cut.
Julie is going to post the file for this card in Shared MTC Files/Joy Card at groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MTC_Tuts/files/. She requests that it be a homework assignment and if you download, please create and share your card in the forum.
01:21:00 Q&A: When do you use Flatten Paths vs. Auto Simplify Path and why.
01:37:40 Susan answered an attendee’s PDF question. A PDF had been downloaded from a site but was unusuable when brought into MTC. The file Susan worked with in her explanation was located at http:nexttonicx.com/blog/?p=5497.
01:58:30 Question about how to import a .jpg and weld it to a shape.