This healthy recipe for peanut butter dog treats is made with only four ingredients -- whole wheat flour, rolled oats, peanut butter and water. How easy is that?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: Approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes
• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/3 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
• 1 1/4 cups hot water
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and oats. Mix in the peanut butter and hot water. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
2. Knead the dough well. Round into small balls on a lightly greased baking sheet and create a cross-hatch pattern on each treat with a fork.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Bake 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave them in the oven to cool overnight. The dryer they get, the longer they will stay fresh. If you can't wait that long, COOL them COMPLETELY on a wire rack and treat your doggie to a guilt-free snack.