Stop number one on our Colorado Adventure. Welcome to the rugged San Juan Mountains of Southwestern Colorado. Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort is known for some of the most consistent snow around. Frequent storms followed by sunny, bluebird days create perfect conditions for pure alpine nirvana. Here are all the latest facts and statistics about Durango Mountain Resort:
- Our Base Elevation is 8,793 feet (2,680 meters)
- The Summit Elevation is 10,822 feet (3,299 meters) (That's over two miles high!)
- Vertical Drop is 2,029 feet (618 meters)
- Skiable Area is 1,360 Acres (536 hectares)
- Our Annual Snowfall at Purgatory is 260 inches (660 centimeters) (That's over 21 FEET!)
- We can cover 250 acres (21% of the mountain) with our Snowmaking
- We have 10 Lifts serving 88 runs and can get up to 15,050 people to the top of the mountain per hour.