On my birthday weekend this year I got to do "whatever I wanted." And one of those things was to spend a few hours with the recently released Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. This piece is basically a "camera test".
What I learned:
1. It felt like a prototype to me - in a good way. I loved the simplicity.
2. It eats batteries like crazy.
3. Sabilizing the camera is a must. I used a tripod on all the shots in this piece.
4. Getting the focus I wanted was trickier than I thought.
6. Only the fastest cards will work. I used a San Disk Extreme Pro card.
7. You can't delete a clip after shooting it.
8. The Prores HQ format is overkill - but grades very nicely. The RAW option firmware update had not been released when I shot this.
9. It's fun, small and can shoot beautiful footage.
10. The right accessories (or lack thereof) make a lot of difference.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?