A broad course on fiber optics for the AV professional, “Fiber optic theory, products and applications” covers a great deal of ground in two hours including:
• The pros and cons of using fiber optics versus alternative technologies.
• Fiber optics technical basics:
- Light spectrum, connector types, multimode and single mode, cable construction, etc.
• Neutrik opticalCON.
• AV applications for fiber optics:
- Television studios, mobile broadcasting, audio, mixed-signal transport, etc.
About your instructor:
Fred Morgenstern, Neutrik USA’s Product Manager, is Neutrik’s point person for fiber optic technology in the U.S. Mr. Morgenstern is an AV veteran with live event, recording studio, and OEM experience. He leads fiber optic seminars at Audio Engineering Society conventions and various other sites and events across the country.