This is my 2016 work-in-progress Animation Reel. I will be adding more shots during the course of the year, so check back at this link for my latest animations. Everything is hand-keyed except where noted.
1. Nick in a Hotel Room, my SFM short (Watch the complete film: vimeo.com/141919432)
Keyframed and edited Kinect 2 mocap (face keyframed inside Source Filmmaker. Mocap edited in Maya. Camera & mocap performance also by me). Character is from the Left 4 Dead 2 game (2009). Audio is from Breaking Bad TV show.
(00:27) Animation Mentor Quadruped Locomotion course work
2. Ogre log climb
3. Cat walk
4. Cat trot-to-gallop
(00:44) Fable Legends (Lionhead/Microsoft) shots
5. Character Jump. first 10 frames are from a run cycle given to me by Lionhead.
6. Ogre idle variation.
7. Archer idle variation.
(00:54) Scout vs. Witch clip (my Source Filmmaker short from 2012)
8. Scout reloads, shoots shotgun and kicks headcrab
9. Halo Elite Walk cycle
10. Dragon flying cycle
11. Seagull take off and landing
(01:14) Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek/Microsoft 2013) shots
12. Belly Crawl - Ryse: Son of Rome
13. Shell-shocked Stand Up.
14. Barbarians celebrate. Mocap. Cleaned up mocap and made shot looping (this is just an excerpt)
15. Combat Loop (excerpt). Mocap. Cleaned up mocap and made shot looping.
(01:33) Scout vs. Witch dialog scene
16. Scout vs. Witch dialog shot (self-produced 5 minute short, created using Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Source Film Maker and the Source SDK). Watch the full short on Vimeo. vimeo.com/48605505
Everything is hand keyed. I also rigged the zombie characters in Maya and created Facial and Phoneme Blendshapes for the Witch character (using Maya and Z-Brush), since she doesn't talk in the L4D game. The bodies were animated in Maya, exported, compiled using Valve's tools, then re-imported into SFM, where I animated the faces using Valve's tools. The entire process was an exercise in pain.
Music is from the end titles of the Army of Darkness movie.
Thanks for watching.