Randall Glass animation reel. website: nailbiter.net
1. Nick in a Hotel Room, (Watch the complete movie: vimeo.com/141919432)
Keyframed and heavily edited Kinect 2 mocap (inside Maya).
Face keyframed inside Source Filmmaker game engine. Camera & mocap performance also by me.
(00:17) Animation Mentor Quadruped Locomotion course work
2. Ogre log climb
(00:24) Ryse: Son of Rome
3. Belly Crawl - from Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek/Microsoft Xbox One title)
(00:30) Animation Mentor Quadruped Locomotion course work
4. Cat trot-to-gallop
5. Dragon flapping cycle
6. Seagull take off and landing
7. Halo Elite Walk cycle
(00:46) Scout vs. Witch fight clip (my Source Filmmaker animated short from 2012)
8. Scout reloads, shoots shotgun and kicks headcrab into neon sign.
9. Scout shoots a zombie in an interesting way.
(01:07) Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek/Microsoft 2013) mocap cleanup and polish shots
10. Barbarians celebrate. Mocap. Cleaned up mocap and made shot looping (this is just an excerpt)
11. Combat Loop (excerpt). Mocap. Cleaned up mocap and made shot looping.
(01:17) Scout vs. Witch dialog scene
12. Scout vs. Witch dialog shot (self-produced 5 minute short, created using Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Source Film Maker and the Source SDK). Watch the full short on Vimeo. vimeo.com/48605505
Everything is hand keyed. I also rigged the zombie characters in Maya and created Facial and Phoneme Blendshapes for the Witch character (using Maya and Z-Brush), since she doesn't talk in the L4D game. The bodies were animated in Maya, exported, compiled using Valve's tools, then re-imported into SFM, where I animated the faces using Valve's tools. The entire process was an exercise in pain.
Thanks for watching.