The Lightroom presets can be found at doubleconvex.com/fireworks-lr/
I've been photographing fireworks for several years now, and have learnt a thing or two about what works, and what doesn't. Photographing fireworks has always appealed to me. They are unpredictable, which makes them tricky to photograph, and to post-process.
In this short video, I attempt to share a few things that I have discovered that just work when it comes to capturing fireworks displays. I cover
- the basics - what one needs to shoot good photographs of fireworks;
- the considerations that one needs to make when choosing where to focus, and what ISO and shutter speed to choose;
- how I go about shooting the images when in the field;
- my post-processing techniques and workflow; and
- provide an introduction to a set of custom Lightroom Presets that I have developed to post-process photographs of fireworks.