The project is a research and demonstration project of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) under the research program "Research for the Sustainable Development of Megacities of Tomorrow - Energy- and Climate-Efficient Structures in Urban Growth Centres" of the Federal Republic of Germany.
More Informations about the project can be found here future-megacities.org or here tu-cottbus.de/projekte/de/megacity-hcmc/
Produced by: crossdocs.eu
Adaptation Planning in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• High urbanisation pressure due to economic liberalisation policies
• Rapid growth of the urban population and dynamic spatial extension of the urbanised area into food-prone and ecologically sensitive areas
• The expansion of the coastal megacity is further increasing the high level of exposure to climate risks
• High vulnerability to the impacts of climate change
• Need for an increase of capacities for steering urban development processes
To increase the resilience and adaptation capacities for reducing the vulnerability of natural and human systems to the adverse effects of climate change.
• Urban climate map and urban water balance modelling as a basis for planning decisions within the general land use plan and for deriving planning recommendations
• Urban Design Guidebook as a tool for integrating climate change adaptation into planning and design decisions
• Handbook for Green Housing for disseminating good practice in urban design and architecture
• Handbook for Community-based Adaptation
as a guide for building resilient communities through local action