5 quick facts about the 5th smallest country in the world!
1. Liechtenstein is the smallest yet the richest (by measure of GDP per capita) German-speaking country and the only country to lie entirely within the Alps.
2. The reigning Prince is the head of state and represents Liechtenstein in its international relations (although Switzerland has taken responsibility for much of Liechtenstein's diplomatic relations).
3. The Prince of Liechtenstein is the world's sixth wealthiest monarch with an estimated wealth of USD $5 billion. The country's population enjoys one of the world's highest standards of living.
4. On 1 July 1984, Liechtenstein became the last country in Europe to grant women the right to vote. The referendum on women's suffrage, in which only men were allowed to participate, passed with 51.3% in favour.
5. There is only one television channel in the country, the private channel 1FLTV created in 2008.