IntNSA: January 15, 2014
Speaker: Mae Katt, Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner at Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School
1. To provide an overview of the high school demographics and challenges faced by students.
2. To illustrate the impact of a suicide epidemic on creating a vulnerable population with greater susceptibility to substance use.
3. To describe the key elements of a school-based (out-patient) Suboxone treatment program and its success.
4. To present the results of an external program evaluation and its findings.
5. To summarize the ongoing needs and challenges of Aboriginal youth in reaching their goals.