Julie and I had a fantastic ten-day trip on the Mayan Riviera, kicked off with us getting engaged on our first night in Tulum. We spent four nights in Tulum, three on Cozumel, and two near Xcaret. Thank you to Bruno and Jacqui for sharing your wonderful Airbnb lodgings with us there!
If anyone knows the name of the band or of the performers who played at Zamas Hotel on Christmas Eve, please let me know in the comments!
The Cozumel snorkeling trip to El Cielo sandbar and Columbia and Palancar reefs was with Chac-Choc tours. The scuba was with Scuba Du.
There's lots of stuff that I didn't end up filming, including our whole first day in Tulum and a great trip to Cobá on Christmas Day.
All the camerawork is mine except for three shots:
* The one of me jumping from the platform at Tamcach-Ha Cenote, which was shot by Julie Haché.
* That wonderful deep swim-through at Palancar Reef, and
* the shot of the Sea Turtle, both of which were shot by one of the guides from Chac-Choc Tours.
* Almost all of the land footage was shot on a Panasonic GM1 with a 20mm f/1.7 lens, recorded at 1080/24p.
* The wet shots were all done with the Go Pro Hero3+ at 1080/60p.
* My iPhone 5s was used for the band at Zamas (1080/30p).
* The footage itself was left largely untouched. No colour grading, just some stabilization and tilt correction in a couple of shots.
Tulum Ruins, La Malquerida Restaurant, Gran Cenote, Chichen Itza, Valladolid, Zamas Hotel Restaurant, Tamcach-Ha Cenote, Coco Tulum, waters at Presidente Hotel, waters at Hotel B, El Cielo sandbar, Columbia Reef, Palancar Reef, Xcacel beach.