This is not a complete breakdown, it shows how the models are switched from animated to dynamic during the shot, and there is a cloth simulation test for the mattress and the pillow (the blanket settings are pretty basic).
For the rigid bodies I used PulldownIt 2.5 and also PhysX for Maya to fix some pieces that was bugging too much.
For the upper breaking parts of the bed, I used a mel script of mine that turns kinematic objects into dynamic ones at a given frame, preserving the velocity of the animation.
The cloth part is solved with nCloth.
The main challenge was to make this succession of events possible, as well of making the cloth and rigid bodies interact because they are not part of the same solver. For all of this I had to make several passes of simulations which are put together in the final shot.