Media research, media production, and media management are explored together in transdisciplinary approach at The School of Media Studies (newschool.edu/public-engag...). Part of The New School for Public Engagement at The New School in New York City, The School of Media Studies is dedicated to the analysis and understanding of mediated communication and the realization of creative visions in film, video, audio, and multimedia forms.
The School of Media Studies offers graduate and undergraduate programs, certificates and an extensive continuing education curriculum. Our faculty of practicing professionals and our NYC location offer students access to unparalleled networking and career opportunities and other resources only available in one of the most exciting media capitals of the world.
Students at The School of Media Studies learn
• critical analysis of media systems and effects
• how to conceive, produce, design, direct, edit, and distribute a better product
• strategic leadership skills for managing the evolving field
• the importance of crossing media boundaries such as analog/digital; film/video; TV/Internet, wired/wireless, etc.
• to understand the importance of and how to create original content
• imaginative problem
• using media as a tool for social justice