FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY IN COOPERATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
LASD–OFFENDER SERVICES BUREAU and CENTURY REGIONAL DETENTION FACILITY
“INCARCERATED PARENTS PROGRAM” (“IPP”)
AboutIPP: The goal of the Incarcerated Parents Program is to help incarcerated parents develop and maintain positive relationships with their child(ren) during and after incarceration. Two types of services are available:
(1) Prevention/Intervention Services: For incarcerated mothers, on a first‐come/first‐served basis;
(2) Visitation Services: For mothers with a current investigation or case withDCFS.
IPP will reduce the time spent by DCFS Social Workers on cases that involve incarcerated parents because we will do much of the work for you!
Program Location: The program will initially be provided to female inmates who are incarcerated in the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood.
Prevention/Intervention Services include:
• Help to ensure the incarcerated parents complete their court‐ordered programs, such as parenting classes(when available).
• Act as a liaison between the social worker and the incarcerated parents.
• Improve outcomes for released incarcerated parents through resource referrals and supportive services.
Target Group: Incarcerated parents with a child(ren) between the ages of 0‐21. Must have a current investigation or case with DCFS, AND who do not have a “stay away” or restraining order in criminal court orin the dependency court which prevents them from having contact with their children.
Visitation Services include:
• Supervised visits between the incarcerated parents and their children.
• Preparation of the children and their care givers for the visits, and debriefing with them after the visits.
• Provide reports to you about the visits.
How to Make a Referral: Contact HSA Lizet Morales at(562) 497‐3512 to request the one‐page
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?