Beaton Brothers Flooring Co., Inc. was founded by David Beaton, Sr. in 1953 with $300.00. At first, while working, he stored flooring in the basement of his home. In 1956 he opened a warehouse in Bricktown, New Jersey. That warehouse which is still in use today currently houses prefinished flooring. In 1965, the company moved to Lakewood, New Jersey. Beaton Brothers Flooring has been located on 7th Street ever since.