Logging out is clearing trees from a trail corridor. This video shows sawyers with swampers and other volunteers clearing a new trail section. A swamper assists and removes debris that the sawyer creates with the chain saw. The sawyer is trained to Florida Trail standards and holds a certificate. Points covered:
- Sawyer dresses in protective clothing to use a chain saw.
- Sawyer puts gas in saw.
- Careful. Stay away from the sawyer.
- "Logging Out" is sawing trees to the clearing limit of the trail corridor – 8' high x 6' wide.
- Team members remove debris the sawyer creates.
- Sand dulls the saw blade so the sawyer lowers the dirt when cutting at ground level.
- Sawyer removes branches from trees beside the corridor or needed for blazing.
- Swamper removes debris out of sight with the cut end away from the trail.
- Three sawyers appear in different eco-systems on different work days.
This work was part of the FTA 331 Trail Expansion. Audio is chainsaw at -12db and jazz at -8 db mix. This video is non-commercial and for educational purposes. The music is Roots by indigo jam unit. Copyright and all rights remain with them. I downloaded it from last.fm/music/indigo+jam+unit/_/Roots