1. According to The Associated Press, The number of poor people in America is 3 million higher than the official count, encompassing 1 in 6 residents due to out-of-pocket medical costs and work-related expenses, according to a revised census measure released Wednesday.
2. According to The Associated Press, Chicago-area pastors who are opposed to same-sex marriage say they will stand behind Illinois lawmakers who voted against the measure. Illinois legislators approved a measure Tuesday that would make Illinois the 15th state to allow gay marriage.
3. According to the COGIC, In an effort to combat the problems of economic blight and unemployment, the Church of God in Christ's Urban Initiatives is sponsoring a job fair to be held on Friday, November 8, 2013 from 9am to 2pm on the 2nd Floor Atrium of the America's Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
4. According to Detroit Free Press, Police are investigating the Detroit shooting death of the brother-in-law of Greater Grace Temple's Bishop Charles Ellis III Monday afternoon.
5. According to CBS News, Bill de Blasio will be the first Democrat in two decades to serve as the mayor of New York City, defeating Republican Joe Lhota, a longtime adviser to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, for the job.
6. According to The Associated Press, A former medical center chief--Mike Duggan--defeated a county sheriff--Benny Napoleon--to become the next mayor of financially troubled Detroit, though the job holds little power while the city is being run by a state-appointed emergency manager.
7. According to Politico, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie won an easy reelection victory Tuesday night, according to the Associated Press, defeating Democratic challenger Barbara Buono and likely running up a sizable victory margin that will buoy his prospects as a candidate for the White House in 2016.
8. According to Reuters, Iran, Israel and Arab states took part in a meeting two weeks ago about prospects for an international conference on banning nuclear weapons in the Middle East, a rare such gathering of regional adversaries.
9. According to Israel National News, in a show of force, Russia radically expanded its Middle East presence by sending an 'aircraft carrier killer' and a nuclear battleship to Syrian shores.
10. According to The Times of Israel, the Iranian foreign minister said a deal with the six world powers to resolve the stalemate over Iran's nuclear program could come later this week in Geneva.
Ephesians 1:3-4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Romans 10:13: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?