A 5 minute video with Nova Spivack. In the interview he talks about the semantic web (putting meta data into data), the web is the database (linked data) and that Facebook will become a search engine. In ten years he expects reasoning will be online. Not Artificial Intelligence but assisting agents. He doesn't believe in AI.
Nova Spivack is an entrepreneur, semantic web pioneer, and technology visionary. He founded among other: EarthWeb in 1994 and Radar Networks in 2003. He is the grandson of Peter Drucker. Twine, his first semantic web product is out in beta from Radar Networks.
More about Nova Spivack
His wiki en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=15799945
His blog novaspivack.typepad.com/
His company Radar Networks radarnetworks.com/
Register for a beta account of Twine twine.com/?signup=true
This Learning from the Future is the sixth episode of a interview series with people known for their forward thinking. Inspired by the book Theory U and started at Le Web 3 2007 in Paris.
- LFTF E5: Chris Saad on Dataportability and more
- LFTF E4: Hans Rosling on cultural identity and that the real world is an Asian world
- LFTF E3: Robert Scoble on technological developments rapidstage.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/learning-from-the-future-episode-3-with-robert-scoble/
- LFTF E2: Doc Searls on VRM and Mobile rapidstage.wordpress.com/2008/02/04/learning-from-the-future-episode-2-with-doc-searls/
- LFTF E1: JP Rangaswami on enterprise 2.0 rapidstage.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/learning-from-the-future-episode-1-with-jp-rangaswami/
Made for rapidstage.wordpress.com & dutchcowboys.nl
By Maarten Lens-FitzGerald twitter.com/dutchcowboy