CITY OF AUGUSTA
February 18, 2014
“Augusta – Where the metro’s edge meets the prairie’s serenity offering the perfect blend of opportunity and proximity for living, commerce and culture.”
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Pastor Steve Spencer, First United Methodist Church
D. CONSENT CALENDAR (@ 2:11)
(All items on the Consent Calendar will be considered together by one or more action(s) of the City Council unless any Council Member or anyone else interested in a consent calendar item has a question about the item.)
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FOR:
a) February 3, 2014 City Council Meeting.
2. APPROVAL OF APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE FOR:
a) Ordinance 2 dated February 12, 2014.
3. APPROVAL OF BID AWARDS FOR:
a) 2015 F-150 Super Duty F550 Regular Cab 4X4 dump truck from Rusty Eck Ford for the Water Distribution Department in the amount of $51,959.
b) 2014 F-150 Super Cab Pickup Truck with the topper and toolbox option removed for the Water Distribution Department in the amount of $22,897.
E. VISITORS (@ 17:13)
(Visitors may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda – 5 minute limit)
F. PRESENTATIONS (@ 17:30)
1. Communications Specialist Marcus Windholz will be presented with the “Distinguished Service Award,” which is awarded to any member of the Public Safety Department who displays outstanding services by achieving success in a difficult police or fire project, program, or situation.
1. RESOLUTION SCHEDULING PUBLIC HEARING FOR NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION PLAN (NRP)
Consider approval of a resolution scheduling a public hearing for March 3, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. to seek input on the proposed Neighborhood Revitalization Plan. (@ 21:20)
a) Staff Report
b) Council Motion/Vote
H. MATTERS FROM/FOR COUNCIL (@ 25:20)
1. Consider scheduling a special meeting for Saturday March 1st, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. for the purpose of conducting a strategic plan retreat.
I. COMMUNICATIONS (@ 26:35)
J. EXECUTIVE SESSION (@ 26:43)
1. Recess to executive session in City Council chambers under the personnel matters of non-elected personnel exemption to the Kansas Open Meetings Act for discussion of the City Manager’s evaluation.