Broadband has long offered the prospect that rural residents will be able to take advantage of something generally available only in urban or suburban areas: the best that higher education has to offer. Is broadband living up to this educational promise? Also, what role can primary, secondary and specialized education play in helping turbo-charge the FCC's National Broadband Plan?
NEW! Introductory Remarks by Kristin Kane, Director, National Purposes, FCC Broadband Plan
NEW! Keynote Remarks by Steve Midgley, Education Director, FCC Broadband Plan
Following Kane's and Midgley's remarks, confimed panelists for this event include:
* Greg Barlow, Chief Information Officer, Anne Arundel County Public Schools
* Frank Gallagher, Cable in the Classroom
* Steve Midgley, Education Director, FCC Broadband Plan
* Matthew Ohlson, Instructional Leader, Florida Virtual School
* Wendy Wigen, Government Relations Officer, EDUCAUSE
The event is moderated by Drew Clark, Editor and Executive Director of BroadbandCensus.com. The breakfast begins at 8 a.m., followed by a discussion, beginning shortly after 8:30 a.m. and ending by 10 a.m. Join the conversation for an engaging and in-depth examination of broadband - one of the most vital topics of our day.