They cancelled the race scheduled for today, but we decided to go offshore and see for ourselves the forecasted 20-25 knots of breeze, gusts to 35, and 10-15 foot seas. We found several other local racers out doing the same thing. The current was ebbing (North) at 2.67 knots at the inlet when we went through and the seas were out of the South, so I was expecting standing waves at the least to exit the inlet. What we found was a bit of a washing machine just before we reached the sea proper for about 15-20 minutes, then following the proposed race course Westerly. We take some green water over the deck that rolled in a wave back to me at the helm, but only a few times. We had a double reefed mainsail and our blade of a jib up. The attached short video shows the horrendous conditions that caused them to cancel the race. Oh…and you can see the downpour of rain blowing sideways with lightening. Tongue in cheek. Honestly, this video was taken just offshore after the washing machine. It didn't rain until 17:30. They should of held the race in my opinion and am quite disappointed they cancelled, but they erred on the safe side. Damn attorneys.