Training Topic: Why is social bonding enhanced with when you sing?
The topics for March 2014 are:
1. The 8 steps to implement the Singing for Seniors programme.
2. How to increase social bonding within your singing group.
Goals from this session.
1. Gain confidence to implement your singing for seniors disc set.
2. Learn about why singing enhances social bonding so you can replicate this in your facility, to create new friendships in a retirement setting.
People who sing together have something in common. They have made music together.
• It offers a sense of inclusion within the group and with other groups within your facility
• It enhances sense of belonging within a community
• Social bonding occurs when endorphins are fired off during the common activity.