Starring BELLA DAYNE (TROY, HUMANS, THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, GUERRILLA)
A woman is forced to adjust to a new life in a human zoo exhibit on an alien planet.
“Living in a human zoo on an alien planet is as crazy as it sounds” - GIZMODO
“STUNNING…combines an INTRIGUING PREMISE with beautiful visuals…you’re definitely going to want to catch it” - SciFiNow
“EXQUISITE cinematography… impressive musical score…BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED” - Huffington Post
“Pairing a rich melodically eerie tone with Victorian costumes furthers the enchantment and its oddity…the TENSION IS EASILY FELT THROUGHOUT EVERY SCENE” - Dual Pixels
“The jury is unanimous. We award the Mary Shelley prize to Erin Li for her original vision, rigorous world-building, and creative storytelling in her impressive short film, Kepler X-47. We look forward to seeing Erin grow as a bold new voice in the SciFi genre.”
- Anne Chaisson, Executive Director Hamptons International Film Festival
- Alysia Reiner, Producer/Founder Broad Street Pictures (EQUITY), actress (ORANGE IS THE
- Sarah Adina Smith, writer/director BUSTER'S MAL HEART, THE MIDNIGHT SWIM
AWARDS, FESTIVALS, SHOWCASES
* Mary Shelley Award, Other Worlds Austin
* AFI Directing Workshop for Women Showcase
* SHOOT New Directors
* SITGES International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia
* Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) Muse Young Directors Night
* Best Short Film Nominee - The Geekie Awards
* Golden Reel Nominee - Excellence in Short Film, Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival
* Comic-Con International's Independent Film Festival
* Sci-Fi London, at the British Film Institute (BFI)
* Philip K. Dick Film Festival
* Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo
* American Cinematheque - Outta This World: Sci Fi and Other World Shorts
* Sarasota Film Festival
* Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival
* Denver Film Festival
* Dragon Con Independent Film Festival
* US China Film & TV Industry Expo
* New Filmmakers Los Angeles
* Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
* Etheria World Tour
* ARC Center for Cultural Innovation Grant Recipient
* The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors Foundation Grant Recipient
* Panavision New Filmmakers Grant
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR
Born to immigrant parents and raised in New Jersey, Erin Li discovered her love for filmmaking at Carnegie Mellon University. After college, Li worked in finance in New York and Hong Kong before changing career paths to pursue her passion for filmmaking.
Since moving to Los Angeles, Li worked her way up from intern to co-producer over eight feature documentary films spanning diverse subjects such as Iceberg Slim, Sarah Palin, the Insane Clown Posse, 1930s female jazz instrumentalists, and Tom Bradley. She recently co-produced HBO’s Academy short-listed TALES OF THE GRIM SLEEPER, directed by Nick Broomfield.
SHOOT named Li as a helmer to watch in their worldwide search for the next generation of directors. Li has directed content for (RED), General Electric, Call of Duty, and Omaze. Films that Li directed have been backed by Film Independent, AFI, and Visual Communications, Panavision, and praised by Upworthy, Gizmodo, SciFiNow, We Are Mitú, and Huffington Post.
Li's films have also screened at Slamdance, LACMA, BFI, the Academy for Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, SITGES Film Festival, Comic-Con, Los Angeles Film Festival, American Cinematheque, and been recognized as a Vimeo Staff Pick and Hammer-to-Nail Finalist. Killer Films curated LA COFFIN SCHOOL for Refinery29’s 29 Rooms installation as part of 2016 New York Fashion Week.
Li most recently won the Mary Shelley Prize for directing KEPLER X-47, starring Bella Dayne (HUMANS, MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE).