From the Library of Congress digital archive. Film shot on September 23, 1903.
The following is a scene-by-scene description of the film, concentrating on background buildings:
[Frame: 0103] At left is the Lurline Pier (1894-1967), which protected the intake pipe for the downtown Lurline Baths (Larkin and Bush streets, 1894-1936). In the background at right is the first Beach Chalet (1900, moved in 1925), a small resort opposite the west end of Golden Gate Park (hidden behind the beach ridge and not yet grown tall). The adjacent tower is part of the closer pier.
 At left center is the Dutch Windmill (1902), sails turning, marking the northwest corner of Golden Gate Park. Together with a later mill (1906) at the southwest corner, it pumped fresh water from an artesian well into the park lakes. The Dutch Windmill was restored in the 1980s, but its sails now turn by electrical power. At right center is a road house (no longer standing) called Cycler's Rest for the bicyclers who rode to the beach.
 The tank, roof, and chimney are all part of the Olympic Salt Water Company pumping station which pumped ocean water from the Lurline Pier to the downtown baths. On the beach in the foreground is a concession with a banner reading "Ice Cream 10 c."
 A group of American flags fly over the roller coaster, hidden behind the beach ridge.
 The Ocean Beach Pavilion (1894), evolved from a concert/dance hall into Topsy's Rest, a restaurant and night club. It was then absorbed into Playland to become Skateland, and later the Slotcar Raceway.
 Seal Rock House (1858) seen here was the pioneer resort and hotel in the area. It survived into the "teens." Note the dense beach crowd in the foreground.
 The long shed adjacent to Seal Rock House was a wind-sheltered stable for the horses of hotel guests.
 Adolph Sutro's fantastic Cliff House combined architectural elements of the French chateau and the German castle.
 A cut is made here as the camera is trained on children playing in the water. Seal Rocks are visible just offshore from the Cliff House, at left. Sutro gave the rocks names. Arch and Hermit Rocks are out of the frame; the visible rocks are (left to right) Cone, Repose, and the more distant North Seal.