The easiest way to collect information on Groopt Data is through a form.
1. To get started, click on the plus button, and choose FORM from the dropdown menu. The first step is to build your form. Start by giving your form a name, and any instructions you would like to include in the description area.
2. Next, let’s start adding form fields.
- You have the ability to add a number of different types of form fields, from text fields all the way to checkboxes. Simply select the field you want to add, edit the field label, and include any additional instructions that apply to the field. You can always remove or re-order your fields at any time.
3. There are a couple special field types you can use to supercharge your form.
- List fields allow you to include a dropdown field that displays items from one of your custom smart lists, while pay fields make it easy to charge for merchandise, registrations, or collect donations.
- However, the most important field type is probably the sync field. Sync fields let you connect a field in the form, to a field on a user or group’s profile. When this field is filled out, the data will automatically sync up to the person’s profile.
- Keep in mind though, sync fields only work in private forms, something I will get to in a second. Once you are finished building the form, click the next button to setup your first form campaign.
4. Every form has at least one form campaign by default. A form campaign is where the form data gets saved, and contains all the settings like who should fill the form out, or when the form ends.
- First, give your form campaign a name, and then add any additional settings. If you are collecting payments with your form, make sure to adjust the payment settings to your liking. You also have the ability to setup custom notifications below. Click save, to finalize your form campaign and start sharing it with the world.
5. To share the form, simply click on the share button and decide whether you want to share the form publicly with the world, or make it private.
- Private forms can only be filled out by members who have Groopt Data accounts, and will force them to login before accessing the form. You can also embed a button on your website via the embed tab.
- Another way to share your form is by assigning it to contacts in your database via a user role, group, or custom list. These can be configured under the recipients tab. Keep in mind, you can also setup approvers on your form in which will be responsible for viewing and approving each form submission as they are completed.
Now that your form is chugging along, you can view submissions as they are completed from within the results tab. If you ever need send the form out again, simply create a new form campaign, and configure your new settings. The “All Results” tab, is your primary destination for viewing all your submissions, across every form campaign, since the form was first created.