Claude Gordon, Systematic Approach to Daily Practice (Carl Fischer, 1965), 124-125.
The video shows how to practice this type of exercise, according to Claude Gordon (author) and my teacher, Bruce
Haag . The mistakes you'll hear are ones common to developing trumpeters and will diminish over time, as I
naturally discover the knack of trumpet playing.
This is exercise is part of a 5 part lesson plan.
Things to remember when you practice
- 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
- Blow stronger as you go higher
- Short crescendo on hold notes
- BIG BREATH - CHEST UP - SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
- THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT
- Relax lip and rest at least one hour