1. According to Reuters, a magnitude 5.1 earthquake struck suburban Los Angeles on Friday evening, rattling a wide swath of Southern California, breaking water mains in a nearby community and prompting Disneyland to shut down rides. U.S. Geological Survey seismologist, Lucy Jones, said, “There could be even a larger earthquake in the next few hours or the next few days.” Since Friday, over 100 aftershocks have been recorded.
2. According to CBS News, with an estimated 17,000 nuclear weapons in the world, people already have the power to exterminate humanity many times over. But according to a LiveScience report, it wouldn’t take a full-scale nuclear war to make Earth uninhabitable. Even a relatively small regional nuclear war, such as a conflict between India and Pakistan, could spark a global environmental catastrophe. Researchers predicted that the resulting firestorms would kick up about 5.5 million tons of black carbon high into the atmosphere. This ash would absorb incoming solar heat, cooling the surface below and creating conditions close to a "nuclear winter" which would cause mass crop failure. Many people would die not only from the bombs and radiation, but from starvation.
3. According to Reuters, a senior Russian security official was quoted as telling President Vladimir Putin that Moscow faces growing threats from the United States and its allies, who are trying to weaken Russia's influence in Ukraine. Alexander Malevany, deputy head of the Federal Security Service, said Russia was taking "offensive counter-intelligence and intelligence measures" to blunt Western efforts to "weaken Russian influence in a region that is of vital importance."
4. According to AFP, a top Ukrainian defense official told an American audience that there are nearly 100,000 Russian forces massed on Ukraine's border, giving a number far higher than US military estimates. The chairman of Ukraine's national security council said, "Almost 100,000 soldiers are stationed on the borders of Ukraine... Russian troops are not in Crimea only, they are along all Ukrainian borders. They're in the south, they're in the east and in the north."
5. According to the Oregonian, the ground is shaking under Government Camp, Oregon -- even though many of the people who live there can barely feel it. More than 30 small earthquakes have rattled the ground under the city since Sunday. The quakes are happening along a newly discovered fault. Ian Madin, Chief Scientist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, said, "The fact that the earthquakes are defining a fault means that that fault is active and if it can make a magnitude 2.3 it can probably make a much larger earthquake."
The Bible says in Luke 21:10-11: "Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven."
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said, "I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin his own. I am not looking for death, I am looking for him."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?