Episode 109 April 10, 2014
In this week's episode, David Gibbons shares with the TOP news from the printer consumables industry:
1. Hackers in the US have ordered more than 1.5 million dollars worth of printer cartridges;
2. The case against 4 of the 7 companies being targeted by Samsung for selling patent infringing compatible cartridges, or clones, is underway in Munich Germany;
3. New survey results would suggest the once thick dividing line between laser printers and inkjets for business use is becoming blurred;
4. One OEM has just launched a new website to help consumers connect, share and print using mobile devices;
5. Five shop owners have been arrested in India for selling fake Canon and HP printer cartridges;
6. Indian authorities continue to be urged by readers of the Kashmir Times to help reduce the monopoly held by printer manufacturers on the high cost of printer inks.