Award for the BEST NATIONAL SHORT FILM at Córtex - 5th Short Film Festival Sintra, Portugal 2015
Original TItle: "Coisa de Alguém"
English Title: "Lost Property"
Length: 25 min. 30 sec.
The Lost and Found Office in Lisbon seems more like an old handicraft workshop than a modern office. Its mission is precise: to grant temporary asylum to any stray personal items which have been found around the Lisbon area and handed in. It's impossible to predict if the unclaimed items will ever be reunited with their rightful owners; though they may reveal much about the people who lost them, it is seldom enough to make an exact identification. The workaday life of this special police department becomes an unexpected observatory of property and identity in the dynamic context of a complex, contemporary society.
Directing: SUSANNE MALORNY
Cinematography: NINA HOEGG
Sound: ISABEL DIAS MARTINS, SOFIA AFONSO, RÚBEN COSTA
Editing: MARCELO FELIX, SUSANNE MALORNY
Music: KARLHEINZ ESSL, ISABEL ETTENAUER, MARCO RAAPHORST
Producers: CHRISTINE REEH, ISABEL MACHADO, JOANA FERREIRA,
Production Assistant /Additional Camera: FILIPE BRÁS
Sound Post-Production: RÚBEN COSTA
Production Company: C.R.I.M.
- Indielisboa`14 – International Independent Film Festival, Portugal 2014
- Panorama – Mostra de Documentário Português, Portugal 2014
- CineEcoSeia – International Environmental Film Festival, Portugal 2014
- FIKE – International Short Film Festival Évora, Portugal 2014
- Caminhos do Cinema Português Coimbra, Portugal 2014
- CÓRTEX - Festival de Curtas-Metragens de Sintra, Portugal 2015
- Flying Film Festival, worldwide on long-hawl, SWISS flights, 2015
- Maailmafilmi - World Film Festival Tartu, Estonia 2015
- "Eyes and Lenses" Ethnografic Film Review Warsaw, Poland 2015