The panel participants discussed the issues of quality and access to early education in Pennsylvania, what research says about the value of early education, state funding for early education, how Pennsylvania compares to other states, and other related topics.
The panel included:
• Ron Cowell, President of The Education Policy and Leadership Center and Host of the "Focus on Education" programs;
• Tracey Campanini, Director, Bureau of Early Learning Services, Office of Child Development & Early Learning, Pennsylvania Department of Education;
• Michelle Figlar, Executive Director, Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children;
• Blair Hyatt, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Head Start Association; and
• Philip A. Peterson, FSA, Partner at Aon Hewitt and co-creator of the Aon/United Way of Southeastern PA Hand-in-Hand Award for quality child care in the business community, and former co-chair of the Early Learning Investment Commission
This episode of EPLC's "Focus on Education" program aired on Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. EST. More resources on early education and pre-K are available at eplc.org in the Education Issues Clearinghouse.