This is the book trailer for the powerful anthology, "Dear Sister: Letters from Survivors of Sexual Violence." This collection of letters, essays, and poems are written by survivors of sexual violence and their allies for other survivors. The messages are about healing, strength, community, reimagining justice, and love. Support the anthology and it's message. Buy the book from AK Press: akpress.org/dear-sister.html
For more information about the anthology, speaking events, facilitated dialogues, or to submit a letter of your own, check out the website: DearSisterAnthology.com
Do you have an uplifting message for a survivor? Leave a response video for other survivors to share in the spirit of the anthology. Please follow these simple rules:
1. Keep your message simple. Choose one point you want to make and stick with that one wise offering.
2. Be creative! Use music, sing, dance, act. Use humor. Be real. Be sincere. Read a poem. If you don't want to be physically seen, explore using visual art, animation, or photos.
3. Keep your video to a 1 minute response.
4. Message must be about hope, not a retelling of trauma. Focus on what you would want a survivor to know.
5. Use the tag, "Dear Sister" or on Twitter #DearSister
Here are some theme prompts to help get you started:
The first time you laughed as a survivor
An epiphany about hope or resilience
How your community supported you through your healing
Redefining justice and finding wholeness
Spiritual connection to mental wellness
Sexuality & Healing
A transformative person in your life