Governor Corbett delivered his 2014-2015 state budget proposal to the General Assembly on Tuesday, February 4. This "Focus on Education" panel discussion was an early opportunity to get up-to-date information about what is in the proposed education budget, the budget's relative strengths and weaknesses, and key issues. The panel included:
• Ron Cowell, President of The Education Policy and Leadership Center and Host of the "Focus on Education" programs;
• Sharon Ward, Executive Director, The Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center;
• Jay D. Himes, CAE, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials;
• Jim Buckheit, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators; and
• Dr. Judith A.W. Thomas, Immediate Past Dean, School of Social Sciences and Behavioral Studies and Professor of Education, Lincoln University
This episode of EPLC's "Focus on Education" program aired on Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. EST. More resources on the state education budget proposal are available at eplc.org.