Tips for Video Interviews:
1. Sit up straight. It will make you look and feel more CONFIDENT.
2. Look toward the interviewer, or at the wall behind them. Try not to stare blankly at the floor or ceiling. Remember, you are confident!
3. If you are searching for an answer, compose your thoughts and then answer. The video editor will edit it to make you look your best.
4. Don't fidget while speaking! The editor may make the background disappear, but fidgeting is forever.
5. Feel free to repeat the question in your own words. This helps to frame your answer and put it in the proper context.
1. Ask two part questions, like, "What is your name AND where did you attend school?". This helps to encourage the interviewee to answer in complete sentences.
2. Rather than talk over someone's answer, leave an awkward silence before asking the next question. This makes it easier to edit and encourages them to give more complete answers.
3. Be an engaged listener, but be silent. Nod your head and use slight hand gestures as well as making eye contact to encourage the interviewee to expound upon their answers.
Filmed on a Panasonic Gh1, stock lens, edited in Final Cut Studio.