Wild Country’s ‘Learning to Lead’ Series has been designed to give some useful advice for those climbers who want to make their way onto the ‘sharp-end’ of the rope.
Designed for people breaking out from wall climbing or who are tired of their friends having to set everything up, Wild Country sponsored climber and MIA Katherine Schirrmacher takes us through the process of starting to lead your first climbs.
In this episode Katherine talks about some of the gear you'll be using on your first climbs and some of the ways of placing it.
The series includes:
1. Gear – This covers the basic gear you will need and some tips on placements.
2. Setting up Belays – Setting up safe belays when you get to the top of a climb or for a top rope.
3. Top Rope Leading – This covers how to set up a top rope and and great trick for getting leading experience without the danger.
4. Lead belaying – Where to stand and what to do as your partner leads.
5. First Lead – Tips and techniques for your first lead. From choosing your routes to topping out.
Please note this series is not exhaustive and does not cover everything but we hope to give you an insight and tips and techniques that you can use at each point in the process of ‘Learning to Lead’.
Katherine Schirrmacher has been a Wild Country athlete for 10 years, she is a very talented climber and is one of a few women who have climbed 8a sport and E7 trad routes. Katherine is an M.I.A and runs her own company where she can be contacted for personalized courses, training and much more lovetoclimb.co.uk
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?