Study 6 of 13 on Christ and His Law
Scriptural Basis: Acts 13:38, 39; Rom. 4:15; 7:1–13; 8:5–8; Gal. 3:10.
Key Text: “In the same way, my friends, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God” (Rom. 7:4, NRSV).
1. Why couldn’t God have abolished His laws and taken away the penalties for its violation when man sinned?
2. If the law was done away with on the cross, why would we have no right to feel offended when someone lies to us or steals from us?
3. In what way is the law “weak”? (Rom. 8:3).
4. What was the curse of the law that Christ redeemed us from? (Gal. 3:13).
5. How does the law help us define relationships?
6. Why would keeping the law, even through the power of the Holy Spirit, still not be enough to save you?