Grayscale Algorhythm/Binary - Reticulating Rhythms Patch
This patch was derived from the "Endless Random patch" from the "Algorhythm" manual. The main clock source was the Delptronics "Trigger" man, taking output 1 and sending into the clock input on the first Algorhythm (left side). I then set the mode for each of the "Algorhythm" modules to "RAND", patching out from the clock output then into the next Algorhythm's clock input so that all three where synced to the same master clock.
The idea was to take the 8 pulse outputs and send them to other sequencers and dividers/multipliers to create morphing ever changing rhythms. The "TriggerMan" sequencer has 8 different stored kick drum/gate patterns that would set the pulse times for all three Algorhythm modules. I wanted the clock time to always shift around, so I set one output from the Modcan Quad LFO in random stepped output into the CV control input on Trigger man (LFO 3). The Output 1 from Trigger man was split and sent to the 4ms Quad Clock Distributor input "CLK IN" set as the master for all 4 other outputs. Second output was sent to the trigger input on Braids running in "CLKN" mode for the synthetic hi-hats. CV output LFO 4 from the Modcan Quad LFO sent to the Division/Multi CV input on the QCD. The third output from the 4ms QCD was sent to the first LFO gate input and I then set the Quad LFO into "Phase lock" mode which synchronizes the phase of all 4 LFOs waveforms but allows the frequency to be a division of the master LFO 1. LFO output 1 was sent to the Intellijel Shapeshifter pitch input. Output 2 was sent to the 1/volt input on the Qu-Bit Nebulæ. Output 4 was sent to the MakeNoise ErbVerb Decay control input. Output 3 stackable cable sent to the addac systems 101 .wave play into the CV loop size control input.
Output 1 from the first Algorhythm sent to the clock input on the Macro Machines storage strip, which is changing the preset snapshots of the Mungo d0 dual delay module. The 7th switch output Algorhythm number two (center) is pulsing the trigger input on the Snazzy Effects Ardcore, running custom "Frac Drums" sketch. Dac output is being processed by the Mungo d0. The 7th switch output from Algorhythm number 1, (left side) clock input into the MakeNoise WoggleBug. Second output was sent to the trigger input on Braids running in "CLKN" mode for the synthetic hi-hats. Kick drum was triggered by the second output on Trigger man to the Tiptop BD 808. Second switched output from Algorhythm number 2 (middle position), sent to the strike input on the MakeNoise Mysteron, creating the sporadic metallic delay percussion sounds. Output switch 3 from the first Algorhythm sent to the "Next" sample file on the Qu-Bit Nebulæ. Switching through 8 different sample loops of processed fragments of sounds created in Reaktor. The switch output 2 from the third Algorhythm sent to the strike input on the MakeNoise Optomix, signal fed in from the output of the Shapeshifter then sent to the Audio Damage Freq Shifter, slow slight modulation from one Intellijel Dixie into the Shift input. Then finally sent to input 4 on the Submix7 mixer. Stepped output into right side "exp" input on the MakeNoise DPO then sent to bottom input on the Optomix from the final output, being striked by the random clock burst out. This output is then being sent through the MakeNoise Phonogene, where the "Rec" input is being triggered by output 4 from the QCD, and the Gene Size input control modulated by the stepped output from the WoggleBug.
The main sound source for broken drums coming from the addac systems 101.wave player. For this I saved 10 versions of the same loop, and did slightly different processing to each loop. I then went into each loop and inserted silence in different sections to create more broken patterns and playback. Drum loops 3, 6, and 8 had heavy delay feedback processing to breakup the repetitions with bursts of delay feedback effects throughout the rhythmic sequences. The output was split into two sources. One output was sent to a Intellijel HexVCA being erratically controlled by the envelope follower output on the .wav player. The VCA on the ADDAC player was also being controlled by the stepped random out on the Wogglebug. The output was then sent into the Eventide Space reverb pedal for the random throws into reverb. The other output was sent into the second input on the SubMix7 mixer as the clean unprocessed channel. The white noise coming from the SSF Quantum Rainbow running into channel number 2 on the Intellijel HexVCA then being modulated by a intellijel Dixie, ZigZag output, running at slow rates, and then re-synced by the 8th switched output on the Algorhythm. The left side Binary module was clocked by the output one stackable cable from the 4ms QCD. Logic output was then sent to the Chaos input on the Wogglebug interjecting random in time clusters of pulses.