City of Salisbury
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
May 6, 2014 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Mayor Pro Tem Blackwell.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to receive a presentation from Representative Carl Ford.
6. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
LETTER CARRIERS’ FOOD DRIVE DAY
May 10, 2014
NATIONAL POLICE WEEK
May 11-17, 2014
PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY
May 14, 2014
ARMED FORCES DAY
May 17, 2014
VETERANS MEMORIAL DAY
May 26, 2014
COMMUNITY ACTION MONTH
7. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 15, 2014.
(b) Approve the donation of a 1988 Fire Engine to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College for use at the new Fire and Emergency Services Training Facility on campus.
8. Council to receive a Council Committee report and consider Land Development district map amendment CD-01-2014, Abbington Court, Unnumbered Rosemont Street, to rezone approximately five acres by removing a General Development-A-Overlay and to establish a Conditional District Overlay to allow for the development of an 80-unit multi-family development:
(a) Receive a Council Committee report and recommendation
(b) Discussion and deliberation
(c) Issue a Statement of Consistency and Statement of Reasonableness, and consider adopting an ORDINANCE to remove the General Development-A-Overlay and establish a Conditional District Overlay.
9. Council to consider issuance of a special use permit for SUP-01-2014, Strata Solar, 2000 block Mooresville Road:
(a) Swear in those persons testifying at public hearing
(b) Ex Parte Disclosure
(c) Hold a public hearing – present evidence
(1) Receive testimony from staff
(2) Receive testimony from proponents and opponents
(d) Findings of Fact
(e) Decision – Council to consider issuing a special use permit for Strata Solar, 2000 block Mooresville Road.
10. Council to consider adopting a RESOLUTION supporting the State Historic Rehabilitation Investment program.
11. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE amending Appendix D (Boards, Committees, Commissions, etc.) of the City Code of the City of Salisbury, North Carolina related to the Salisbury-Rowan Human Relations Council.
12. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE to allow parking along the west side of the 100 block of South Clay Street and a portion of the east side of the 200 block of South Lee Street.
13. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
14 City Manager’s Comments.
15. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The Rowan County Convention and Visitors Bureau will host Spring Night Out Friday, May 9, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury.
(b) The Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department Spring Family Campout will be held Friday, May 9, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. until Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. The cost is $20 per tent for the first four people and $5 for each additional person. Pre-registration is required. For more information call 704-216-2708.
(c) The City of Salisbury will celebrate Armed Forces Day Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. at the Patriots Flag Concourse and Memorial located at the corner of Miller and South Jackson Streets. The event is free and open to the public.
(d) The Covenant Community Connection will host the 11th Annual Let’s Get Connected Day Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at Granite Lake Park, 500 North Salisbury Avenue. This year’s event marks the dedication of the 8th Peace Pole in Rowan County.
(e) The Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department will host the 8th Annual Middle School Prom Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the Salisbury Civic Center located at 315 South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue. Tickets are available at the Civic Center. For more information call 704-638-5275.
(f) Other announcements.
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?