LATEST UPDATES //
next color correction + cinematography classes will be the week of june 16' 2014. spots are EXTREMELY limited (class of 12). Toronto Canada. please contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org for details. THANK YOU
July - New Jersey USA *tentative*
Aug - Chicago USA *tentative*
TECHNICAL + PRODUCTION TIDBITS for my industry friends and colleagues.
while i never do release raw footage, i figured my first few frames using this amazing tool could help some in the industry re their decision in investing in one of these baddies..
this clip is essentially CRUDE+RAW footage, i did adjust the exposure a tad.
after last weeks color correction class, a long time student+colleague brian carpenter from leftLane was kind enough to bring his brand new movi M5 setup for the students and myself to play with.
- movi M5
- canon 5diii
- canon 16-35 2.8 II - aperture approx. at f4/5.6 infinity focus
note that i only played with the only played with the movi M5 in majestic mode briefly as i had another company to consult that same day,
here is what i gathered in a few minutes of movi usage
- (in MAJESTIC MODE) panning the entire movi unit LEFT+RIGHT, the camera on gimbal will slowly follow suit
- exposure/focus is difficult to adjust un-assisted on the fly as the movi almost always requires 2 handed operation
- the movi's design easily allows for extremely aggressive ground level tracking shots
- beautiful crane/pedestal shots are easily achieved similarly to other handheld stabilizers (limited only by physical arm reach)
- unlike a body mounted stabilizer, 360 degree camera movements are EQUALLY AS EASY re both left->right + right->left (no stabilization arm that gets in the way)
- no aggressive whip pans
- like any other handheld stabilizer, a movi operator will need to walk/run 'lightly' to eliminate footsteps bounce
'swing scores' - used with permission; thank you songfreedom.com
hopefully these little tips will help you on your way a movi M5/M10 purchase. i will try to provide a comprehensive review re this game-changer come end of the season. currently, i am still undecided which one to purchase.
facebook - email@example.com
twitter - michaelywong
if you would like to share films; feel free to add me as a contact on vimeo.
PAST EDUCATIONAL SCHEDULE
COLOR CORRECTION + 1-ON-1 CONSULTATION
adobe HQ - san francisco; usa // bay area videographers association // oct 2012
CINEMATOGRAPHY + COLOR CORRECTION
boracay; philipines // mayad academy //july 2012
myw is honoured to share the stage alongside some of Philippines top event/broadcast talent
CINEMATOGRAPHY + COLOR CORRECTION + STORYTELLING + MAIN FEATURE DISSECTION
university of sydney; australia // exposed down under // july 2012
myw returns to Australia for the first time in 2 years as the lead educator for this annual event
STORYTELLING + 1-ON-1 CONSULTATION
south carolina USA // infocus // jan 2012
*thank you to my friends, colleagues + students alike for the wonderful reception given to me*
STORYTELLING + COLOR CORRECTION + KRAZY COVERAGE + CORPORATE COMMERCIALS
honolulu hawaii USA // filmfoundry // feb 2011
miami florida USA // ray roman workshop // june 2010
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?