Link to “World’s Toughest Job” a mom.
TITLE: Jesus is With You Always
In the pit and on the mountaintop.
The pits of life are where we often recognize Jesus the least.
On the mountaintop we too often see Jesus as someone we “really don’t need right now.”
2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
“He’s everywhere; He’s everywhere”
We need to understand that “everywhere” MEANS “everywhere”.
Sometimes we think that everywhere is everywhere except where we are right now.
Psalm 139:8 NIV
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
Here I am, ready or not
God is ready for you, whether or not you are looking for Him!
“With you” means YOU.
Joshua 1:9 Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Matthew 28:20 And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
1) It is not unusual for God to make a promise in the Old Testament and the New Testament. From their context in Scripture, how are the circumstances of the promises in Joshua 1:9 and Matthew 28:20 similar?
2) In Psalm 139:8, the writer, King David, speaks of God’s presence at different times of life. What do you think it means that he sees God when he goes up to the heavens and also down to the depths? (There are no wrong answers)
3) There may be times in our lives when we feel God has deserted us. In those times, who has really deserted (forgotten) about whom?
4) Describe at least one way that God has been present in your life during a crisis.
5) Describe at least one way that God has been present during a time of celebration in your life.
6) God promises, “I will always be with you.” How can you be sure of this? (Hint: God never breaks a promise.)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?