Study 7 of 13 on Christ and His Law
Scriptural Basis: Rom. 5:12–21, 6:15–23; 7:13–25, 9:30–10:4, Gal. 3:19–24.
Key Text: “Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes” (Rom. 10:4, NRSV).
1. Do you feel that God’s law is more like a bodyguard or a police officer? Why?
2. After coming into contact with God’s law, why should I be more conscious of my faults and shortcomings?
3. What are the implications of Jesus’ title as the “Lamb of God”?
4. In Romans 5, why does Paul closely associate sin and death?
5. Why can I never be good enough to merit heaven through keeping the law?
6. How can the law serve as a reminder to all Christians that Christ is our righteousness?