You may want to mute, I've also added in sounds!
Seeing as my attempt to recreate the previous depth frame to calculate each pixel's velocity and use that to blur failed, I had to rethink what post process I could do.
Determined to still have motion blur, I opted for a different approach; I create a buffer with a defined vector and then scale that based on the speed of the player. This means that the pixels won't be correct for the motion but it is a good compromise. I also adjust the field of view depending on the speed and my pod now looks like it goes a lot faster, without having to speed it up.
I'm still far from satisfied with my project but hopefully I will be able to find time soon to continue working on it to get it to a higher standard.