A warning to sensitive viewers; this video shows an owl that had a very sad end.
This poor Barn Owl was brought to our Wildlife Ranger Gary Zammit by a passerby who found it, but unfortunately there was nothing we could do to save him. He was covered in cooking oil which clogged his feathers and ultimately proved fatal, having tried to take a bath in a container somewhere that must've contained a mixture of water and oil. We'd like to ask everyone to please never leave containers like this out in the open and to always dispose of oil and other substances responsibly. Let's protect these beautiful birds.