This is the first interview in the TalkingLocal series, where we will be chatting to some key figures from the local search industry. We hope to find out more about the work that they do what exactly motivates them.
We are delighted to kick off the TalkingLocal series by interviewing David Mihm. David is a highly regarded local search expert and is also the Director of Local Search Strategy at Moz.com. Prior to Moz, David started getlisted.org which was then sold to Moz. In addition to being a founding member of LocalU, David is also the curator of the widely studied Local Search Ranking Factors survey - which we'll be discussing today.
In short there are few people who know more about the local search space than David, so we are delighted that we could entice him to be interviewed today.
Key discussion points:
- The early beginnings & subsequent success of the Local Search Ranking Factors study
- How the study has changed over the years & what goes into the process of producing it
- To what extent local search become more competitive in recent years
- What we can expect from the 2014 Local Search Ranking Factors study
- How David has adapted in his transition to Director of Local Search Strategy at Moz