Empowering people. Enabling results.
Keeping workers safe is a priority for every organization. But to effectively protect frontline employees, organizations and leaders must shift from traditional behavior based safety approaches that exhibit top-down thinking and reliance on lagging indicators. Frontline employees have an inherent stake in doing their jobs safely and want to be engaged in safety efforts. And when these all-important employees take ownership in improving safety for themselves and co-workers, solutions are stimulated, buy-in is accomplished, and long-term safety success is achieved. Elements of our tailored approach to protecting front-line employees include:
- Recognizing and leveraging workers' superior task-level knowledge
- Focusing on leading indicators (exposures) and less so on lagging indicators (injuries
- Capturing observation data effectively to identify and remove barriers to safe behaviors
- Creating an adaptive workforce that exceeds performance expectations
- Enabling and empowering employees to respond to changing exposures
- Instilling effective feedback systems that support safe behavior